The Wellington Chocolate Voyage aims to:
- Source local – Pacific grown cocoa!
- Nurture unique cocoa varieties – encouraging farmers to grow highest quality crops and paying a premium price for their effort
- Support Bougainville – recovering from a 10 year civil war, the Autonomous Region of Bougainville in PNG is trying to develop its own economy and future
- Support a local legend – James Rutana helped build Bougainville’s cocoa industry, only to see it get destroyed by war and neglect. He is committed to rebuilding and we want to help him
- Support a local business doing the right thing – Wellington Chocolate Factory is a values driven company who make highest quality bean-to-bar chocolate
- Do it by sailboat! – let’s promote windpower as a low-carbon alternative. Plus, sailboats are fun and romantic in all the right ways.
We are deeply passionate about this project: it brings together everything we love about making great food, building a great business, and connecting with people round the world. If you have any questions or feedback please leave a comment or send us a message via the contact page. Please support us on the Kickstarter launch date – 6th November 2014 – to turn this awesome idea into a reality.